To be eligible for membership in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets a candidate must:
- Have reached his/her 12th, but not 19th Birthday;
- Not belong to another Cadet Unit (you may transfer to us);
- Produce evidence of Physical Fitness;
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant, or be an international student under the guardianship of a Citizen or Landed Immigrant;
- Be acceptable to the CO of the Squadron; and
- Have parental or Guardian permission.
Cadets with a physical or medical limitation may join Air Cadets but may be excluded from certain activities, including Summer Training. The safety and well-being of cadets is our primary consideration and determining factor.
Parents should be aware that if a cadet is not capable of attending weekend training exercises or mandatory training session, the cadet may not be eligible for promotion, summer camps or scholarship courses. This does not mean that a cadet cannot have a rewarding career, in spite of these limitations.